Want to clean and protect your Mac? We’ve got you covered.
This class will cover several tricks to help you clean and protect your Mac and also the only piece of software we recommend for keeping your Mac safe. Some of our suggestions involve tools that are already built into you Mac and others are through free software – but either way we think you will be amazed at how much free space you can create on your Mac using the tips and tricks in this class.
NOTE FROM DAVID: If you have a laptop over 4 years old or a desktop over 6 years old, this class may not help you. If your computer is that old or older, this is the timeframe in which hard drives start to fail or have issues. If your device is older than this, we recommend that you consider taking it in to your local Apple store to upgrade/replace the hard drive. Everything we teach here will still be good things for you to do, but it may not produce the results you are looking for due to the age and/or condition of your hard drive. Just something to consider going forward.
Links to software & other classes mentioned during this class:
- Mac App Cleaner: http://freemacsoft.net/appcleaner
- Remove Duplicate Photos Class: http://techtalkamerica.com/find-remov…
- Malwarebytes: https://www.malwarebytes.com/mac/
- Link to video about Moving FCP Library https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjheM…
Instructions to Reinstall the Mac OS
- Back up your Mac before starting.
- Turn off your computer.
- When turning back on your computer, hold down Command and the letter “R”
- On the next screen click “Reinstall macOS”
- When it asks where do you want to install it, select “Macintosh HD”
Note: You may be asked during this process to type in your Apple ID and password so be sure to have that information handy.Download PDF of instructions